Week 8 - Finishing Up - Ben Johnston/Dr. Fu
As I wrapped up my last week, I spent some time reflecting on my experience this summer. While my research here on shoulder replacement FE modeling is not directly related to my work in Ithaca, I think that this experience to broaden my horizons and help me contextualize my dissertation work in the medical field has been super helpful. Understanding how treatments I may develop during my thesis would slot into the overall frame of joint health is something that I think will help direct my goals and ultimately lead to more impactful research than if I had not had this opportunity.
I spent the week putting the finishing touches on the first run of our model - something I will continue to debug and ultimately compile data for even after my return to Ithaca. I want to say a quick thank you to everyone here who made this such a great experience, especially Dr. Fu, Dr. Jonathan Glenday, and of course Kelly, Carly, Dr. Wang, Dr. Min, Dr. Prince, and Dr. Gupta for all of their organizational efforts.
I am excited to return to Ithaca and get back to work on my thesis but look forward to maintaining my collaboration on the project I worked on this summer, which should ultimately end in a manuscript. Thanks again to everyone, and I look forward to returning to the city soon.
Comments
Post a Comment