Week 7
Matalin Pirtz
Dr. Lora Ellenson (MSKCC)
7/22/22
Second to last week! With immersion winding down, I have been spending most of my time wading through the mountains of data for my project. I have created all of my plots and tables to display my data, and now it is all about drawing further conclusions. Honestly, it is quite overwhelming trying to determine what pieces of information are important. However, everyday this gets a little easier.
In the next few days, I will be meeting with Dr. Momeni to cement some conclusions I have drawn. Having him as a research mentor has been phenomenal. He is so versed with molecular pathology and cancer biology and is so willing to teach, so I have gotten so much out of the experience of working with him. I plan to use all that I have learned from him and Dr. Ellenson for the duration of my career. Dr. Ellenson has taught me so much about the clinical side of GYN oncology and pathology, it has been a great experience and I feel much more prepared to continue with my research in Ithaca with this new information.
While I think I could probably sit with this data for months and still be learning more, I think I have made sufficient progress in the past few weeks. In the next couple of days, I will be really focusing on this dataset to collect some thorough conclusions to be able to present on Tuesday.
Comments
Post a Comment