Week 5 - Eeshaan Rehani
This week was more about the research aspect of the summer, and less about the clinical aspect - in fact, I only physically went into the clinic on Friday for a few hours. I was able to sit in on some follow-up nurse visits with patients I had met in the past. It was interesting to go over labs and recent imaging results, and see how that affects their treatment down the line. For the most part, the clinic was extremely slow with many patients out for a short summer break and on 'drug holidays', which has been shown in recent work to aid in the efficacy of treatment and help improve the quality of life.
On the research side, I spent a good amount of time this week planning out my article. After a thorough literature search these past couple weeks, I felt I was in a good position to start pinpointing specific areas within the field of circulating tumor cells and ctDNA in colorectal cancer that would benefit from a review. Specifically, we are focusing on results from clinical advancements that have been made over the past 5 years, with the advent of companies such as Natera and Guardant. I also identified a target journal, which will help inform the structure and flow of the paper.
Unfortunately, due to some scheduling issues, I wasn't able to sit in on the tumor board meeting like we had originally planned. Hopefully next week I'll have better luck.
Comments
Post a Comment