To whom it may concern...quiet but productive!
Student: Ayomide Oloyede
Mentor: Dr. Marshall Glesby
Happy belated 4th of July! I hope you had a pleasant weekend to everyone reading this.
My week started off with a holiday which i partially spent working. Research in the clinical field is focused a lot of analysis of data and determination of several correlation factors that are observed between different outcomes. This was the basis of my start of the week. I spent some time pondering on the relationship that i might observe looking at the data set from a clinical trial that my professors had entrusted me with. To start this, I was provided a .do document from my mentor that had multiple codes for different statistical analysis that she had performed to collect data for previous data she had published from the data set she provided. This was a great starting point as i began learning how to use STATA (a data analysis software) and sorting through which of the statistical tests would be relevant to my study.
The week continued with meetings with Dr. Lish (one of my co-mentors) to review what I had done so far and my progress in my research with both his lab and Dr. Glesby's. This was helpful in setting the tone for hands-on research which I would be doing with his lab research members.
I spent the rest of the week in preparation for new research work for my thesis project in Ithaca as well as progressing through my proposed summer.
So, although a seemingly short week in my opinion, yet a very productive one!
Next week, I would be presenting an overview summary of my summer research project to my cohort and the radiology department heads which i look forward to. I hope to start some hands-on lab work on Monday and have more progress in the coming weeks.
Comments
Post a Comment