Thank You and Farewell - Coulter Ralston / Dr. Ellenson / 07292022

It's hard to believe that the end of Immersion is already here! While I'm excited to head back up to Ithaca, I'm thankful for all of the amazing opportunities that this summer had to offer. The radiology department was nice enough of include us in their events, and Dr. Lora Ellenson & Dr. Amir Momeni-Boroujeni were the best advisors I could ask for! They were patient, incredibly knowledgeable, and invested in making this summer the best experience possible. 

This past week specifically, I have been preparing tables, figures, and conclusions for a possible future manuscript. Each day I discover something new in my dataset, and I am currently determining the best way to visualize and communicate these findings. With some more literature review, data analysis, and figure prep, I should be close to having all the data together for my final deliverables here and hopefully a journal!

Since coming here, I had very limited knowledge in genetics and computer science, but I am already becoming familiar with new languages and packages for application in genetic analyses. I look forward to continue working on my project here a bit more and applying what I learned to my future work back in Ithaca. Thank you to all that have helped out this summer for making it an unforgettable experience!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 8 - Our final week and an ending with watching a major surgery.

Week 7: The COVID Testing Set-Up

Week 7