Patient Consultation and Research
It's another week of working at the New York Presbyterian Hospital with Dr. Tranbaugh. I started this week attending the QAPI conference on CARE evaluation and improvement for patients. Thereafter, I attended a patient consultation session to adequately understand each stage of care in the clinic, I.e from diagnosis to treatment. Dr. Tranbaugh gave an extensive explanation to the patient about the result of the scan, he explained the various available solutions, the pros and cons of each procedure, and provided surgical recommendations based on the history of the patient. The patient also talked about their concerns about the procedure and Dr. Tranbaugh responded to all. The surgery is slated for next week, and I'm looking forward to seeing how the next stage unfolds.
Finally, I made good progress working on my research project. I collated the available results and sent them to my clinical research mentor – Dr. Gambardella to work on a review paper. Also, I got to start my second research project on vitamin K antagonists. I'm super excited about this research because it is more in line with my research project in Ithaca.

Comments
Post a Comment