Officially official: We are done!

Student: Ayomide Oloyede 
Mentor: Dr. Marshall Glesby

It's official! The summer immersion program is over and it was everything I wanted it to be. 

I had the best time learning from all my mentors. I am ready for the next stage of my PhD but I am also a bit sad about leaving all the projects I have right now. Wrapping up with my data analysis, I realized that most of my findings were not concrete enough to pull a paper or poster for a conference or official publications. However, I was able to replicate some findings from reference papers centered around the topic of interest: frailty in people living with HIV. Here are some already know and replicated information for me: 
- CD4:CD8 ratio decreases with increase in CRP levels 
- CD8 count increases with CRP levels 
- Fat mass index increases with the CD8 increase

Although this project have limited findings there was major discussions about the new things that we can focus on while collecting data from participants of clinical trials that would be helpful in future data analysis. I hope to provide suggestions that would help with new major findings especially in older adults living with HIV receiving Anti-retroviral therapy. 

I am extremely grateful for my mentors and everyone who has played a part in making my stay in NY a blissful, fruitful and amazing one. This was amazing for me! 

Until next time! It was nice sharing my weekly experience with this blog! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 8 - Our final week and an ending with watching a major surgery.

Week 7: The COVID Testing Set-Up

Week 7