More Research - Coulter Ralston / Dr. Ellenson / 07152022

This week has been devoted almost entirely to my research. Aside from the occasional sign-out and patient planning conference, I have been working on my analysis of the MEK/ERK pathway in various types of cancers.

On Wednesday I was able to see a different type of sign-out. Instead of working with tissue slides from patients, the diagnoses from this sign-out were from molecular pathology. Rather than looking at cell morphology and tissue architecture, the students and doctors look at sequenced genetic alterations that may be specific to certain types of cancers and help with treatment planning.

For my research, I have been making steady progress with the large dataset that I am working with. I hope to have more conclusions within the next week to prepare an abstract that may lead into a manuscript. I look forward to sharing my results soon, and I am excited for another week of work. I look forward to hearing about the experiences from the rest of my cohort next Tuesday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 8 - Our final week and an ending with watching a major surgery.

Week 7: The COVID Testing Set-Up

Week 7