Half way through!

Student:: Ayomide Oloyede 

Mentor: Dr. Marshall Glesby 

Half way through summer immersion and time does fly! The past four weeks have been exhilarating and educative from my experience. I have had multiple interactions with professionals in different career spaces; medical practitioners, librarians and researchers. So, what did my week 4 look like? It looked like me reading a lot of papers. 

Due to the nature of research I would be working on this summer, in a new space where I am learning new information, I have been reading a lot of background information on HIV specifically. This week unlike others involved me studying about HIV, learning more about glycans in HIV and learning more about inflammatory factors related to HIV infection. 

The highlight for me this week was presenting on the topic of HIV glycans to Dr. Lish (one of my mentors for the summer). I also began working on my data sets from a clinical trial to begin data analysis and collection for my research project. 

A shorter week but still fulfilling! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 8 - Our final week and an ending with watching a major surgery.

Week 7: The COVID Testing Set-Up

Week 7