Fishing in a Sea of Data - Coulter Ralston / Dr. Ellenson / 07222022
With just one more week left, I have been invested in getting as much research accomplished as possible before heading back to Ithaca. With all of the preprocessing out of the way, I have spent most of my time making plots and analyzing data across tumor types in Excel and R.
Every day I discover something new within my dataset and get more comfortable with both data science and biology. Reflecting back on the earlier weeks of Immersion, I am surprised to see how much I learned. Even though I have a stronger engineering background, I am excited to continue learning about bioinformatics throughout my PhD. In the future, I hope to understand Linux, R, and Python more, and I hope to learn more about molecular biology and genetics!
For the next few days, I will be continuing to analyze my dataset to try and compare cancer types and find correlations to their preferred hotspot mutations within the specific pathways. I am excited to present some of my results on Tuesday!
Comments
Post a Comment