Week 2: From academic to clinical mindset

I am Adarsh Singh and I am working under Dr. Kyu Rhee. This week has been very exciting mostly in terms of the results that I got from my test samples. Dr. Rhee's lab has an expertise in deciphering metabolites and lipids of Mycobacterium tuberculosis and the role of these metabolites in disease pathogenesis but they have never worked with vesicle samples before. Although theoretically the analysis pipeline should be same but we were not sure how much of the vesicles sample would be required to get clear and indentifiable peaks in the mass-spec experiment. We ran a test run and fortunately we are able to get good peaks, and to answer the question if it has really worked I will be doing data analysis, essentially mapping it back to a database to indentify lipid species and metabolites. 

From next week,  I will also be shadowing Dr. Rhee in his clinics to get better perspective on how is lab's research focus is complementing his clinical work.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 8 - Our final week and an ending with watching a major surgery.

Week 7: The COVID Testing Set-Up

Week 7