From academia to clinical mindset (Week 3)
I am Adarsh Singh and I am working under Dr. Kyu Rhee for my Immersion. This week has been quite slow for me as many people from our lab were on holiday, so, I focused this week on analysing the data that I got last week and plan my next set of experiments. Last week we ran an untargeted mass spectrometry run in order to identify metabolite and lipid composition of my test human stool derived membrane vesicles. For the analysis I used Profinder software that is provided with the LC-MS machine. Although we found some interesting metabolites and lipids in our data, we also observed some kind of contamination in our blan samples. The hypothesis for that is it could be from the samples itself as some particles from samples might be getting stuck in the loading syringe. So, we are planning to use a new syringe and redo the whole thing.
Next week I will also be doing vesicle purification for the Bacteroides sample and further do protein quantification and size characterization. I am really exicted for the next as I might end up discovering something whichhas never been found.
Comments
Post a Comment